Cambridge Open Studios 2014
One Weekend Only!
Saturday, April 26th
Sunday, April 27th
12noon-6pm each day
Artist Participation Guidelines & Registration Information
Use the following shortcut links or scroll down to view information.
:: General Participation Information
:: Artist Showcases
:: Studio Locations and Dates
:: How to register
Early Registration deadline: December 31, 2013
Discounts Apply Sign Up Now!
Registration deadline: January 20, 2014
Artists Registering after January 20, 2014:
Artists may still register to participate after January 20, 2014. However, if registering after January 20th your name will not be included in the brochure. You will only be able to show at a city organized common venues, not in your own studio space. This will ensure your work is seen even though you could not be listed in the brochure. Registration fees still apply. Please email us directly at email@example.com or call 617-349-4385 if you interested in late registration for Open Studios.
General Participation Information:
Artists, performers, artisans, and writers of all media living and/or working in Cambridge or collaborating with a participating organization are eligible to participate!
Artists are welcome to show in their own space (i.e. a studio or home) or in a group venue.
The CAC will be arranging for at least one group or 'common' venue/exhibition space in various areas of the city to host artists that might not otherwise have a place to show their works. If you are interested in showing at a common venue; please make sure to note this on your registration form. If you would like to collaborate independently with other artists to have a group venue, please feel free to do this as well.
We ask that you specify whether your location is ADA accessible upon registration, so that we may include this information in the brochure. To determine whether your location is ADA accessible please refer to the text at the bottom of this page.
Performing Artist Showcase*:
Performing Artists are encouraged to participate in Open Studios via our Performing Artist Showcase. The Showcase will take place at Cambridge Community Television on Saturday, April 26th from 12-6pm during the weekend of Open Studios. Performance slots are limited and will be assigned on a first come-first serve basis by CCTV in consultation with performing artists after the registration deadline. Each participating artist will have a 20 minute "showcase" in which to perform their works. Groups may also perform but setups must be simple. Performers that register as a group may only perform as a group. Group participation fees apply.
Poet & Writer Showcase*:
Poets, Playwrights and Writers of all types are encouraged to participate in Open Studios via our Poets & Writers Showcase. The Showcase specific location and date will be determined by March. Reading slots are limited and will be assigned on a first come-first serve basis by the CAC in consultation with the readers after the registration deadline. Each Reader will get a 15-20 minute "showcase" in which to perform their works.
* The showcase features are in addition to the opportunity for artists to participate in Open Studios. Artists may arrange their own performances/readings and/or opening in their studio spaces to the public during regular Open Studio hours. Studios and/or performance venues must be located in Cambridge. Venue names and/or addresses are required at time of registration. Standard artists registration fees apply.
Early Registration (before December 31, 2013) - $60
General Registration (after December 31, 2013) - $75
Early registration (before December 31, 2013) - $175
General Registration (after December 31, 2013) - $200
Early Registration (before December 31, 2013) - $35
General Registration (after December 31, 2013) - $40
Early Registration (before December 31, 2013) - $50
General Registration (after December 31, 2013) - $60
How to register for Cambridge Open Studios:
Click the PayPal link at the bottom of this page to be taken to our PayPal Site
Once on the PayPal site, enter your payment information for the registration fee
After confirming your payment, you will be directed to a portfolio website called SlideRoom where you will upload your information and images
You must complete both the PayPal and the SlideRoom steps before registration is considered complete
If you do not wish to pay online, presonal checks or money orders are accepted IN PERSON at the Cambridge Arts Council. You must still log onto SlideRoom and create your portfolio before registration will be considered complete.
- You will be directed to the SlideRoom website after payment via PayPal
- Add the SlideRoom link to your favorites/bookmarks so you can easily return to the page
- Follow SlideRoom's instructions and create your SlideRoom account, If you are a returning artist use the e-mail address and password you used in previous years to sign on
- Fill out the 2014 Cambridge Open Studios application
- Upload your portfolio/images
Guidelines for uploading files:
Images (jpeg, gif, pdg) up to 5MB each
Videos (flv, wmv, mov) up to 60MB each
Audios (mp3) to 10MB each
- ALL artists, returning and new, must upload portfolio information and images each year
- Make sure to save your progress often as you proceed, so that you can to stop and complete your portfolio at a later time without losing your content
- Complete your submission by following the on screen prompts
- For technicial questions, please contact SlideRoom directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions specially regarding to Cambridge Open Studios, please contact the CAC at email@example.com or (617)349-4385