Cambridge Arts Council - Marketing and Public Relations Intern
The Marketing and Public Relations Intern reports to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations. The major focus of the internship will be on publicity and communications. This position is best suited for an undergraduate, college graduate or graduate student. Strong background and experience in writing/journalism and/or public relations recommended. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in marketing, arts administration, and non-profits. Internship is unpaid but can be done for school credit.
Responsibilities also include support in these areas:
- Editing, writing, and distribution of press and communication materials
- Designing and writing text for marketing collateral (digital newsletters, flyers, posters, etc.)
- Capturing and recording Cambridge Arts Council media activity by maintaining media summary list and press clippings.
- Maintaining press and other agency databases
- Support in updating the agency website using a Content Management System
- Handling reception duties: answering the CAC’s mainline; maintaining up-to-date voicemail recordings; processing street performer permits
- Additional duties as needed
Qualifications: Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to (email preferred):
Mara Littman, Director of Marketing & Public Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambridge Arts Council
City Hall Annex, 344 Broadway, 2nd Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139