A fire detail may be required for cutting and welding operations (Click Here To Access Cutting/Welding/Hot Work Permit); for demolition operations (Click Here To Access Demolition Permit); for assembly occupancies where candles are in use; and for other purposes where the Fire Marshal deems it neccessary for life safety such as fire protection/fire alarm impairments and special events.
Office Hours are 7AM-3PM, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Detail requests must be in before 2pm.
Details must be scheduled at least 1 business day in advance. Multiple days can be scheduled in advance.
Click Here For Important Updates that took effect on September 1, 2011
To arrange or cancel a fire detail, you must Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if your computer system allows, you can try to use the On-Line forms below. Please do not send anything by fax.
The On-Line forms may not work with your computer system, however, you should be able to print them and then send them electronically (pdf, word doc, etc.) to email@example.com
Click Here For On-Line Application To Request A Fire Detail
Click Here For On-Line Application To Cancel A Fire Detail
IMPORTANT! -If the on-line forms did not work please be sure to provide all of the following information when requesting a detail electronically:
- Reason For Detail (hot work, candles, ems, etc)
- Company Name (company who will be billed for the detail)
- Person Requesting Detail (allows return calls if necessary)
- Phone Number
- Location of Detail (street address and if it is at MIT, be sure to include building number)
- Floor or Area (area within the building where the detail is needed)
- Indoors or Outdoors (Click Here To Download the Fire Detail Rate Sheet)
- Date(s) Requested (multiple days can be arranged on one request)
- Start Time (usually 30 minutes after workers arrive. allows set-up time)
- End Time (note: details must stay 30 minutes after work is completed)
- Number of Firefighters Needed
- Any Special Equipment Needed
- Job Contact Person Name and Number
Questions or concerns can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (617) 349-4990