September 10, 2007
Cambridge Fire Dept Commemorates 9-11
On September 11, 2007, the Cambridge Fire Department will conduct a respectful and subdued remembrance honoring all those who were killed in the attacks on the World Trade Center, at the Pentagon, and on the aircraft over Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001. Nearly 3,000 were killed that day. We will especially remember the 343 Fire Department members who gave their lives. Also as a part of the September 11 Remembrance, we will remember the members of the armed services who have given their lives in the war against terrorism.
The Cambridge Fire Department protocol for September 11, 2007, will be as follows:
• Open overhead doors and move apparatus outside where appropriate.
• Members in Class B uniform and guests will form in front of respective company apparatus.
• (The first aircraft struck the World Trade Center at 8:46 a.m.)
• Members will stand at attention.
• Members and guests will recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
• Colors will be lowered to half-staff (where appropriate.)
• Members and guests will maintain one minute of silence.
• The Senior Firefighter on duty will read Mychal’s prayer (where appropriate.)
• Signal 5-5-5-5 will be transmitted by fire alarm.
• Colors will be raised to full-staff.
• Ceremony will be terminated.
Other Events on Sept. 11, 2007 @ 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
• All honor guards, uniformed members, and bands will stage at the Boston Common at Charles and Beacon St. and march up Beacon St. to the State House at 5:30 p.m. for the 6 p.m. Dedication ceremony
•The unveiling and official dedication of the Massachusetts Fallen Firefighters Memorial will take place on September 11, 2007 at the State House Ashburton Park at 6 p.m.
•All honor guards, Pipe and Drum bands, as well as members are welcome and are encouraged to attend. Uniform will be Class A with blouse coat and necktie.