NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: January 26, 2015
Open Until Filled
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||19.5/hrs part time, on call, Monday-Saturday, may include some evenings|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide shuttle service and round trip transportation for various trips for groups, such as senior citizens, youth groups, individuals with disabilities and /or special needs, both in and out of the City of Cambridge
- Provide safe, reliable and timely transportation.
- Provide transportation services with respect and sensitivity toward the passengers.
- Provide assistance to individuals in and out of vehicle as needed; operate wheelchair lift for safe wheelchair transportation as needed.
- Meet regularly with Facilities Manager for work review. Maintain rider list and statistical data for trips and submit weekly with timesheet when applicable.
- Collect and document rider fees when applicable.
- Maintain vehicles in a neat and orderly condition.
- Inform Facilities Manager of necessary maintenance and repairs. Deliver and pick up vehicle for necessary maintenance and repairs in a timely manner.
- Report incidents, accidents, traffic tickets, etc. to Facilities Manager immediately and submit all necessary documentation within one day of incident.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CDL Class C License, DPU Bus Driver Certification and safe driving record required. Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) also required. Experience with Senior Citizens, individuals with disabilities and/or special needs and a demonstrated sensitivity toward their needs is strongly desired. Should have experience driving both short city trips and long trips and must have the ability to follow directions carefully.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposed to all weather conditions, operates 20 passenger DHSP bus, other buses and vans.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to operate DHSP bus, wheelchair lifts on vehicles, sufficient mobility to assist passengers on and off buses. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
RATE: 15.26 per hour (rate effective 3/1/17)
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Review of Resumes is ongoing.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.