||Employment Opportunities in Cambridge
NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: May 14, 2014
Review of resumes will begin June 1, 2014
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||ESOL Teachers for Adult Education Classes (ESOL Literacy through Intermediate ESOL)|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||3.5 to 19.5 hours per week, mornings and/or evenings; Paid preparation time: for each 1.5 hours contact time, 1 hour paid preparation time|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes to adult students
- Develop instructional materials and lesson plans, based on CLC Curriculum and Massachusetts ABE Curriculum Frameworks
- Provide on-going assessment of students
- Keep records of student attendance
- Conference individually with students at the end of each semester
- Review and track goals and achievements with students
- Assist students in developing or reviewing education and career plans through classroom activities
- Communicate with advisors about student issues
- Participate in staff and program development activities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year of experience teaching ESOL, preferably to adults
- Experience teaching English using computer-based programs preferred
- BEST Plus and/or TABE CLAS-E certification highly desirable
- Experience with the needs of adult learners in a community-based setting
- Knowledge of methods and materials used in ESOL instruction
- Sensitivity to the needs of the adult learner population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Job requires some computer use. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General office and classroom environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting.
RATE: $ 24.70 per hour
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Candiates may also apply by going to schoolspring.com and apply for Job ID # 768172 or to go http://www.schoolspring.com/job?768172
Review of resumes will begin June 1, 2014. Positions begin in September, 2014.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.