NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: May 14, 2014
Review of resumes will begin June 2, 2014
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Teachers for Adult Education Classes, (ABE/ASE Reading/Writing, ABE/ASE Math, ABE/ASE Science, and/or Computer Skills), Community Learning Center (CLC)|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||3.5 to 19.5 hours per week, mornings and/or evenings; Paid preparation time: for each 1.5 hours contact time, 1 hour paid preparation time|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teach one or more of the following subjects to adult students:
- ABE//ASE Reading/Writing
- ABE/ASE Math
- ABE/ASE Science
- Basic computer Skills
- Develop instructional materials and lessons, based on CLC Curriculum, Massachusetts ABE Curriculum Frameworks, and College and Career Readiness Standards for Adults
- Provide on-going assessment of students
- Keep records of student attendance
- Conference individually with students at the end of each semester
- Review and track goals and achievements with students
- Assist students in developing or reviewing education and career plans through classroom activities
- Communicate with advisors about student issues
- Participate in staff and program development activities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of experience teaching Reading/Writing, Math, and/or Computer Skills; experience teaching adult basic education students strongly preferred
- Experience with the needs of adult learners in a community-based setting
- Knowledge of methods and materials used in ABE/High school equivalency preparation Reading, Math, Science, and/or Computer Skills with adult learners
- Sensitivity to the needs of the adult learner population
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Job requires some computer use. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General office and classroom environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting.
RATE: $ 24.70 per hour
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Candiates may also apply by going to schoolspring.com and apply for job ID# 768302 or go to http://www.schoolspring.com/job?768302
Review of resumes will begin June 2, 2014. Most positions begin in September, 2014.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.