NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: May 22, 2017
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUESTED BY 06/22/17. POSITION IS CONSIDERED OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||City Manager's Office|
||311/Customer Relationship Program Manager|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 hour workweek - 3 year contract position|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The City of Cambridge is seeking applications from suitably experienced and qualified candidates for the position of 311/Customer Relationship Program Manager in the City's Executive Office to manage the initial implementation of a new 311/Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program and its ongoing support. This program will utilize an enterprise CRM system to manage the City's communication with members of the community. The 311/CRM program will focus on improving the quality and timeliness of responses to requests for information and non-emergency services, and improving outreach and communications from the City through the use of more targeted and coordinated campaigns across all communication channels.
Our expectations are that the 311/Customer Relationship Program Manager will be a highly motivated, well-organized self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication skills. This person will support City efforts in serving Cambridge's diverse community. Specifically, the successful candidate will be required to:
- Ensure consistency and professionalism of responses to requests for information and service across all departments.
- Assist the Executive Office and departments in establishing policies and business processes related to the initial and ongoing implementation of the 311/CRM Program.
- Expand cross-departmental collaboration and coordination on all types of non-emergency service requests.
- Enhance the public's experience and interaction with the City across all channels (phone, in-person, web, social, mobile, email). Integrate these channels into Cambridge's existing customer service practices.
- Implement "knowledge libraries" that allow staff to assist the public requesting basic information and to allow the public more resources for web and mobile self-service for basic information and requests.
- Increase public access to reporting and tracking service requests via web and mobile.
- Assist supervisors and managers to monitor service delivery in their departments. Generate organization wide metrics on compliance with service delivery standards, and the types of customer service issues being handled by city staff.
- Improve the ability to perform systematic and targeted public outreach and communication campaigns across multiple channels.
- Remain current with the evolving nature of CRM systems and articulate emerging trends and best practices that can improve the City's 311/CRM program.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience required.
- 7 years of experience in implementing and managing a 311 or customer relationship management system, including knowledge of how enterprise communication channels (phone, email, social media, web, and work order systems) integrate with a CRM system. 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency and comfort with technology, particularly around social media and the development of web content.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently on tasks and manage projects.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of people and to serve diverse communities effectively.
- Familiarity with the Cambridge community preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Answer telephones and maintain multiple files. Must read and analyze large quantities of information. Must have sufficient mobility to get back and forth from office to off-site meetings.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is conducted primarily in an office environment with fluorescent lighting, air conditioning, computers and other standard office equipment, but also involves meetings in other offices or facilities.
RATE: $68,732- $83,058 annually
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Personnel Dept., room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and cover letter requested by 06/22/17. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.