NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: November 17, 2017
CLOSING DATE: December 18, 2017
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
|Civil Service Position:
||Subject to Civil Service rules and regulations|
||Teamsters Local 25 |
|Hours Per Week:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Commanding Officer of Administration, this position will be working in the Records and Detail Office in conjunction with the Office of Planning, Budget and Personnel. The responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Provide customer service to the public who phone and/or visit the Police Department for assistance and/or information relating to the billing and collection of revenue for the department working in the Records Management Unit.
- Perform various duties associated with daily operations of the Detail Office, Records Management Unit and Office of Planning, Budget & Personnel.
- Perform daily cashier duties including: sole responsibility for processing and balancing payments for services and other department revenues; accounting for receipt and disbursement of cash transactions; and, reconciling cash management system and account statements for the unit.
- Use department PeopleSoft system as well as Quicken and Microsoft Office, including MS Word and Excel for financial tracking purposes. Responsible for vendor contact information and researching vendor payment situations. Resolve billing problems with outside vendors. Track, monitor and make payments through department wide services.
- Maintain vendor accounts for tracking accounts payable/receivable such as false alarm, towing and other accounts receivables.
- Process bills received and prepare payment schedules for vendors.
- Manage debt collection with unresolved vendor accounts.
- Maintain a computerized detailed list for billing/vendor accounts. Maintain regular communication with vendors through daily contacts.
- Accounts Receivable tracking of vendor calls for debt collection and maintaining accurate files when invoices are paid.
- Report monthly on accounts receivable, complaint issues both resolved and pending. Share responsibility for planning and preparation of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Perform weekly audit of outstanding vendor accounts.
- Process payments and refunds for bill reconciliation.
- Work with Office of Planning, Budget and Personnel on related issues and projects.
- Maintain filing for all vendor accounts in Records and Detail Office.
- Prepare Form 20s, Forms 21s and other documents for processing revenue.
- Research fiscal records, use FS/PeopleSoft computer program to provide fiscal information for payments and revenue.
- Act as a liaison with other City departments in particular Payroll, Auditing and Finance.
- Perform administrative duties associated with the Detail Office.
- Perform other tasks and other administrative duties as assigned.
Proficient in Microsoft applications particularly Excel and Word. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Well-organized with good record keeping skills. Demonstrated customer service experience. Must be able to deal with the diverse general public in a professional manner. Good problem solving techniques. At least one year administrative support experience in accounts payable/receivable, finance, and/or debt collection. Bachelors' degree in accounting or related field preferred. Quicken experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Answer telephones and maintain multiple files. May require minimal lifting of up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office environment. Fluorescent lighting, carpeted floors and air conditioning. Requires attendance at meetings in various City locations.
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest no later than 8 pm on the closing date via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.