1 of 16: Cambridge 1: 27 Church Street - Occupied as a fire house from 17 March 1832 thru 18 Sept 1864. 
Two similar and adjacent buildings on this site housed Cambridge Fire Company #1 and Cambridge Police Station #3. 
- photo by Dan Turner
1   |   zoom >
2 of 16: This building at 27 Church Street is the site of the fire house. It is  believed that part of the former fire house was used in construction of this building. The lintel of Cambridge 1 can been seen under the front window.
- photo by Dan Turner
2   |   zoom >
3 of 16: - photo by Dan Turner
3   |   zoom >
4 of 16: This building is currently occupied by Starbucks Coffee and is believed to have been Police Station #3. The fire house, since demolished, was of similar construction, and was situated on the adjacent lot.
- photo and research by Dan Turner
4   |   zoom >
5 of 16: 789 Main Street, near Windsor
This building was occupied as a fire house from 1852 thru 6 Feb 1894 as the quarters of Union #2 and Franklin Hook and Ladder #1. The building is currently occupied by the First Holiness Mission Church.
- photo by Tara Bithia
5   |   zoom >
6 of 16: The rose window - 789 Main Street
- photo by Tara Bithia
6   |   zoom >
7 of 16: Lintel of Franklin Hook and Ladder #1
- photo by Tara Bithia
7   |   zoom >
8 of 16: Lintel of Union #2
- photo by Tara Bithia
8   |   zoom >
9 of 16: Niagara #3: 251 Cambridge Street. This building was occupied as a fire house from 17 March 1832 thru 18 Sept 1862. It is now occupied as a restaurant.
- photo by Tara Bithia
9   |   zoom >
10 of 16: Niagara #3 - 251 Cambridge Street.
- photo by Tara Bithia
10   |   zoom >
11 of 16: Niagara Steam Fire Engine Company #3 - 40 Sciarappa Street (formerly 4th Street): This building was occupied as a fire house from 4 Jan 1871 thru 1 March 1893. Engine Company #3 and Police Station #1 shared this building until 1893. The police station remained here until the 1930s.
11   |   zoom >
12 of 16: This building was not a fire house!
Gore Street between 3rd and Sciarappa: This structure was connected to the police station (and fire house) on Sciarappa Street and housed Police Station #1s police wagon.
- photo by Tara Bithia
12   |   zoom >
13 of 16: Daniel Webster Engine Company #4: 4-6 Russell Street. This building was occupied as a fire house from 28 May 1869 thru 20 Nov 1896. It housed the last hand engine company in the department (until 1871.) 
- photo by Tara Bithia
13   |   zoom >
14 of 16: Police Station #4 - Massachusetts Avenue and Russell Street: This building was occupied as a police station until the 1930s. In recent years, it was the quarters of VFW Post 7353.
- photo by Tara Bithia
14   |   zoom >
15 of 16: Engine Company #3: 35 Third Street was occupied as a fire house from 31 Jan 1896 thru 18 Sep 1978. This building is now used by the City of Cambridge Electrical Department.
- photo by Tara Bithia
15   |   zoom >
16 of 16: Steam Fire Engine Company #7 - Engine Company #7: 350 Main Street. This building was occupied as a fire house from 17 June 1895 thru 1 July 1993. It has been extensively renovated and is now occupied by the Kendall Square Hotel, which included a 7 story addition. 
- photo by Tara Bithia
16   |   zoom >