Cynthia H. Griffin
Cambridge Purchasing Department
Department Hours: Mon. 8:30 am-8 pm,
Cambridge City Hall
795 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
Tues.-Thur. 8:30 am-5 pm,
Fri. 8:30 am-12 pm
Department Phone: (617) 349-4310
Department FAX: (617) 349-4008
The Purchasing Department implements and administers the purchasing policies and practices of the City. The Purchasing Department ensures that all purchases of goods and services are made in accordance with state law and city ordinance, are open, fair, and competitive, and are obtained at the lowest possible cost . The Purchasing Department also disposes of surplus property and oversees the Print Shop and Mail Room.
Purchasing attempts at all times to maintain good will between City Government and the business community. Toward this end we strive to:
- Promote fair prompt and courteous consideration to all suppliers.
- Practice Environmentally Preferable Purchasing.
- Follow the Division of Occupational Safety Prevailing Wage Guidelines.
- Encourage business relationships with small and local businesses and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises.
- Observe the highest ethics in all transactions and correspondence.