NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: March 15, 2018
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Food Pantry Assistant (Part Time)|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||15 Hours Per Week|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aid the Food Pantry Coordinator in running two pantry sessions per week with a staff of volunteers.
- Conduct weekly shopping trips to the Boston Food Bank (using a city van)
- Assist with the purchase and stocking of food for the pantry
- Receive, sort, and evaluate privately-donated food items
- Load and off-load purchased food for the Food Pantry
- Receive, sort, date-stamp and store all food brought into the Food Pantry
- Maintain correct counts for food items for the food pantry inventory control system
- Clean and maintain the pantry area as outlined in Pantry policies
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Food Pantry Coordinator
At least one year experience with public food distribution program or other related program. Prior work with senior population desired. Strong ability to work as part of a team, must be flexible in order to meet the needs of food pantry consumers. Clearance on Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and a valid driver's license are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Bending and lifting are daily requirements. Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. Need to transport food to various parts of building using flatbed, pallet jack and dolly. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Duties are performed within a very active Citywide Senior Center with food distribution occurring on Tuesday and Thursday of each week.
Internal applicants, submit job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants, submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to: Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax: 617) 349-4312. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.