NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: September 13, 2018
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Inclusion Teacher’s Aides (part-time)|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||3-12 hrs per week, mornings (9 am-12 noon) or evenings (6:15pm -9:15pm)|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with classroom teacher to meet the needs of the identified student(s)
- Apply knowledge of the special needs of students with learning disabilities to contribute to a classroom environment that is responsive to the needs of all learners
- Maintain constant communication with ADA Liaison/supervisor, as well as the teacher of the identified student(s)
- Maintain a positive, inclusive environment in and outside of the classroom
- Perform related duties involving identified student(s) as designated by the ADA Liaison and or the classroom teacher
- Help identified student(s) transition into different levels/classes as needed
- Experience working with adults in a diverse, multicultural setting
- Practical experience working with adults with special and diverse needs
- Demonstrate verbally basic understanding of adults' special needs
- High level of organization, motivation, and conscientiousness
- Ability to work under the supervision of a full-time staff person (ADA Liaison) and to take constructive feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Job requires some computer use. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General office/classroom environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting.
RATE: $16.15 per hour (rate effective 3/1/19)
Internal applicants, submit job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants, submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax: 617-349-4312. Review of resumes will begin September 10. Position is considered open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.