NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: September 19, 2018
RESUMES AND LETTERS OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY 10/23/2018. POSITION IS CONSIDERED OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Training & Staff Development Manager|
|Civil Service Position:
||Subject to Civil Service rules and regulations|
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 Hours per Week|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Personnel Director through the Assistant Director/Human Resource Development and working as part of the management team of the Personnel Department, the Training and Staff Development Manager is responsible for the day to day coordination and implementation of training programs and staff development projects for the city. The Manager will support the growth, skill-building and development of all City employees to cultivate an environment which reflects values of equity and inclusion. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the design, development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of various training programs for City employees, including mandatory trainings in sexual harassment prevention and diversity awareness
- Supervise staff training program development projects from inception through implementation, including creating and assembling training materials, the logistics of training room scheduling and preparation, and the screening and recommendation of external facilitators as needed
- Partner with department representatives, managers and employees to assess, design, develop, and deliver custom staff development and training programs and measure performance improvement initiatives to lead a thriving diverse workforce.
- Develop and coordinate skills assessment and measurement tools; analyze program evaluations and recommend design changes and/or improvements for keeping training programs current and up to date
- Work in tandem with the Assistant Director /HR Development to support staff development programs and initiatives
- Coordinate and conduct workshops for various workgroups
- Participate in organizational and management development initiatives, with emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Manage the training budget by monitoring and reporting on training budget goals and benchmarks
- Oversee the publication of the City’s Training Calendar and other training materials
- Assist in the development, review and update of City personnel policies.
- Coordinate/manage special projects, often with a training and/or staff development focus
- Perform related work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of training and years of experience
- Five years of human resource/training experience
- Demonstrated success in designing and delivering individual, organizational and management training programs
- Prior experience in needs analysis, instructional/program design and development and evaluation
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills required
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with solid customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Computer literate, especially in the use of MS Office products
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Answer telephones and maintain multiple files. May require minimal lifting of up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. Requires attendance at off site meetings. Noise level can be high as the office is active with phone calls and walk in applicants.
RATE: $77,715-$98,190 annually + excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resumes and letters of interest requested by 10/23/2018. Position is Considered Open Until Filled
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.