NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: October 25, 2018
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Greens Assistant II, Fresh Pond Golf Course|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||40 hour week; early mornings and weekends|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Taking technical supervision from and reporting to the Superintendent as well as the Golf Professional/Director, the Greens Assistant is responsible for:
- Watering/syringing greens, fairways, tees and rough
- Mowing all areas of turf
- Aerating & fertilizing greens, fairways and tees
- Raking and manicuring sand traps
- Operate all equipment, tools and vehicles necessary to perform the above work
- General repairs and preventative maintenance of turf and landscape equipment. Knowledge of electric machinery is a plus
- Scheduling workforce for 7 days coverage of the Golf Course in the absence of the Superintendent
- Supervising other personnel assigned to Golf Course Maintenance
- Performing various tasks assigned by the Director of Recreation during the months the Golf Course is not open for play
Three years of experience overseeing all areas of golf course maintenance. Knowledge of grinding reels and bedknives/setting and maintaining height of cut. Must have a pesticide applicators license. Winter school for Turf Managers certificate or 2-year degree in Turfgrass Management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Repetitive lifting between 25 - 200 pounds, bending, squatting, stretching, pushing, dragging and pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposed to all weather conditions and will work in a moderate to high noise level environment caused by the sound of machinery or powered equipment being used. Required to adhere to all safety and dress code policies.
RATE: $28.28- $32.24 hour+ excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Position will remain open until filled. Review of resumes is on-going.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.