NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: November 8, 2018
Labor Applications are accepted ongoing basis
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Public Works Department (DPW)|
|Civil Service Position:
||Subject to Civil Service rules and regulations|
||Teamster Local 25 |
|Hours Per Week:
||40 Hour workweek|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Buildings:
- installs, repairs and maintains heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment and systems including refrigeration units, air and water filters, motors, fans, air compressors, generators, condensers, pumps, boiler and chiller plants and automatic temperature controls;
- inspects equipment for malfunction and makes adjustments and/or corrections;
- checks equipment and systems for proper temperature and climatic conditions;
- lubricates motors and bearings;
- replaces worn and defective parts; and performs related work as required.
Minimum (2) years demonstrated experience in institutional HVAC and Refrigeration Systems operation, maintenance, repairs and installation. Certificate of completion from accredited vocational school curriculum in HVAC, Refrigeration Training Program preferred. Current Commonwealth of Massachusetts License as Refrigeration Technician or Refrigeration Contractor preferred. Experience with direct digital control based energy management systems preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Exposure to all weather conditions. Occasional lifting, pulling, pushing, squatting, and reaching. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General inside buildings environment including entry and exit into confined spaces.
RATE: $22.94 – 32.35/per hour + excellent benefits
Internal applicants with permanent civil service status should submit job bidding form to the Personnel Department, external applicants must complete a Labor Service Application available from and returned to: Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax: (617) 349-4312.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.