NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: January 10, 2019
CLOSING DATE: February 12, 2019
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Senior Account Clerk, Payroll Office|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||37.50 hours per week; Monday 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Tuesday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing of various payrolls (i.e. weekly, monthly & quarterly)
- Collect and review department timesheets for accuracy
- Input timesheet data into internal HRMS (PeopleSoft)
- Proof and reconcile data entered into HRMS
- Reconciling payroll report totals to the summary report
- Distribute payroll edit reports to departments
- Sort and distribute payroll checks to appropriate departments
- Distribute and collate payroll deduction reports with checks
- Review/analyze gross total of payrolls processed
- Review and assist retroactive pay calculations
- Perform functionality testing of tax updates with internal HRMS
- Maintenance of employee payroll information
- Set-up mandatory and elected general deductions
- Ensure changes and/or set-up of general deductions and wage garnishments have populated
- Set-up and update employee federal and state payroll taxes
- Worker's Compensation set-up
- Employee banking information for direct deposit
- Responsible for collecting paysheets in a timely manner from various departments
- Verify newly hired employees' payroll deductions and payroll taxes have been set-up
- Liaison with MBTA Corporate Program
- Replace employee damage or loss t-pass
- Distribution of monthly t-passes
- Monthly updating and ordering of t-passes for over 300 employees
- Assist in bank related transactions
- Place stop/void on checks
- Transfer fund(s) to appropriate account
- Replacement check processing for check(s) with stop placed on it.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Accounting background, preferably bachelor's degree in accounting and/or registered as a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP).
- Candidate must have strong organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and writing skills to communicate with departmental payroll officers and employees.
- Interpret and comprehend written and verbal communications
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook)
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with PeopleSoft HCM version 9.0 or above preferred.
- Satisfactory work record displaying overall employment, job performance, and experience.
- Available during declared snow emergencies when it affects the payroll processing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires occasional lifting of minimum of 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to person essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office environment has fluorescent lighting, air conditioning, and noise level of moderately quiet with rare occasion of moderately loud.
RATE: $52,673 - $62,439 + excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest by 5pm on the closing date via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.