NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: January 17, 2019
RESUMES AND LETTERS OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY 2/7/19 POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Community Development Department|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||10 to 15 hours per week|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Fiscal Intern will assist the Chief Fiscal officer in processing fiscal transactions, tracking activity, and general report preparation. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to department staff on fiscal related items, respond to inquiries in a professional manner
- Assist with the processing of department contracts, requests for purchase orders and accounts payable invoices
- Enters and updates information in PeopleSoft Financials.
- Assist in the development of various internal budget/expenditure reports and reconciliations
- Accurately perform assigned duties in a timely manner
- May perform additional projects as needed
- College level coursework in business, finance or accounting or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of practical accounting principles
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials a plus
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Highly motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize workloads, multitask and meet deadlines while working with a broad range of individuals in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Public sector experience a plus.
Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Answer telephones and maintain multiple files. Must read and analyze large quantities of information. Must have sufficient mobility to get back and forth from office and to off-site meetings.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to person essential functions.
Work is conducted primarily in an office environment with fluorescent lighting, air conditioning, computers and other standard office equipment, but also involves meetings in other offices or facilities.
RATE: $15.64 per hour
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resumes and letters of interest requested by 2/7/19. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.