NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: February 8, 2019
CLOSING DATE: March 1, 2019
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
||Teamster Local 25 |
|Hours Per Week:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of a high functioning Administrative team for a large and diverse City department, and under the supervision of the Personnel Administrator for Human Services, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a comprehensive payroll system for a Department of 200+ benefitted staff and 550+ seasonal & part-time staff. Duties include collecting and sorting timesheets for over 500 employees per week, data entry of weekly payroll via the PeopleSoft Payroll System, preparing compensatory time accrual forms, and coordinating with City payroll on relevant issues as necessary.
- Communicating clearly with employees at all levels regarding payroll/personnel issues.
- Supporting the Department's hiring process, including reviewing all hiring packets for accuracy and completeness, maintaining the Department vacancy system, processing all Personnel Transaction Forms and assisting with job postings and resume certification lists.
- Maintaining the Department's official personnel records including photocopying and filing.
- Updating and maintaining accurate new employee benefit time accruals requiring an efficient monthly review system.
- Tracking and processing all annual step increases.
- Supporting the Department's summer CORI process.
- Periodic front desk telephone/reception coverage and other administrative duties as assigned.
- May be asked to perform special projects by either the Fiscal Administrator or Assistant Director for Administration.
High School Diploma or GED. Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel required. The City may require that the successful candidate take and pass a computer skills proficiency test in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel at hire. Meticulous attention to detail required. Must be well organized and able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must have the ability to think analytically and welcome a systems approach to managing work. Prior administrative/personnel experience in a busy and diverse office environment required. Knowledge/Experience with PeopleSoft Applications and a large payroll highly desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must have the ability to execute multiple tasks involving keyboarding, telephones, writing, copy machine and fax machine, bending, reaching and lifting boxes of large files and documents. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Typical, busy office setting with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting.
RATE: $21.72-$30.35 per hour plus benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest by 5pm on the closing date via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.