||Employment Opportunities in Cambridge
NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: July 15, 2019
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Math Teacher for Adult Education Classes (part-time), Community Learning Center|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||5 hours per week, Tuesdays and Thursday evenings. Time includes 2 hours of preparation and 3 hours teaching.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach math to a diverse group of students employing multimodal means of instruction and using manipulatives as appropriate
- Develop instructional materials and lessons, based on CLC Curriculum and College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE)
- Provide on-going assessment of students
- Conference individually with students at the end of each semester
- Communicate with advisors about student issues
- Participate in staff and program development activities
- Communicate with ADA Liaison to ensure appropriate accommodations for students with disabilities
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of experience teaching math
- Knowledge of methods and materials used to teach math
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience teaching adult basic education students
- Experience with and sensitivity to the needs of adult learners in a community-based setting
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General office and classroom environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Job requires some computer use. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RATE: $28.33 per hour
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Applicants may also apply directly through schoolspring.com by applying for Job ID # 3137775 or go to https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=3137775
Review of resumes is ongoing. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.