NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: January 22, 2020
RESUMES AND LETTERS OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY: 02/24/20. POSITON WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Aquatics Manager, Division of Recreation|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends required.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aquatic programs, staff and operations for the Gold Star Pool and War Memorial Recreation Center.
- Provide oversight of routine maintenance, compliance, emergency action planning, and safety inspections in accordance to state and federal requirements.
- Embrace the Department's Race and Equity Initiative.
- Develop delivery system for swim curriculum across all ages and programs
- Solicit and evaluate feedback from public to determine aquatic programming and operations.
- Supervise, hire, train and evaluate aquatic staff and volunteers.
- Monitor necessary pool supplies and place orders when appropriate.
- Keep updated records and prepare reports related to pool usage, chemical logs, payroll, and revenue.
- Assist with Aquatics workouts and scheduling of classes by working with instructors.
- Work in close partnership with CRLS aquatics coordinator regarding pool status of the War Memorial.
- Communicate calmly and effectively in emergency situations with staff, patrons and general public.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Three (3) years of directly related aquatics experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Red Cross Certification in first aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor training or equivalent preferred.
- Certified as an Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operation (CPO).
- Ability to certify Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors within one year from hire date.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a large recreational center located at Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School. Center includes multi-pool aquatic facility, gymnasiums, fitness center and offices. Work is also performed outdoors at the Gold Star Pool located in East Cambridge.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to climb stairs; lift at least 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RATE: $55,018-$65,248 annually + excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resumes and letters of interest requested by 02/24/20. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.