||Employment Opportunities in Cambridge
NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: January 30, 2020
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Community Engagement Team Outreach Worker (part-time) to engage underserved Bangla speaking families|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||13-16 hours per week, flexible, mornings, afternoons, and/or evenings, weekends|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all required training sessions.
- Become familiar with available Cambridge resources that provide children with early literacy exposure.
- Refer families to early learning services and events that benefit the literacy development of their children.
- Organize a series of culturally appropriate parenting workshops to underserved families with young children in Cambridge.
- Participate on advisory boards and/or round table discussions, as assigned, that are addressing issues to reach hard to reach families.
- Participate in discussions and educate the Community Engagement Team about outreach strategies for building relationships with hard to reach communities.
- Complete all required paperwork: document outreach activities and participate as needed in the evaluation of the program.
- Attend all outreach worker team meetings.
- Must speak Bangla
- Sincere desire to reach underserved Cambridge families with young children
- Ability to relate well with diverse groups and individuals
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, early learning community resources
- High motivation
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and to teach others
- Experience with parenting
- Cambridge resident strongly preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Job requires some walking. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RATE: $16.46 per hour (rate effective 3/1/20)
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Applicants may also apply at schoolspring.com by applying for Job ID #3224481 or go to https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=3224481 Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.