NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: February 11, 2020
RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY 03/10/2020 POSITION IS CONSIDERED OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Assistant Director/HR Development and Recruitment|
|Civil Service Position:
||Subject to Civil Service rules and regulations|
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 Hours per work week|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Director/Human Resource Recruitment and Development will provide research, planning, program management and consulting expertise to departmental leaders and employees throughout the City that align with industry best practices and advance a workforce culture which reflects the City's values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Reporting to the Personnel Director and working as part of the management team of the Personnel Department, this position will play a lead role in overseeing, developing, delivering and enhancing comprehensive programs and initiatives focusing on recruitment, retention, on-boarding, performance management, improving workflow, coaching/mentoring, and succession planning. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and manages specialized recruitment campaigns, including outreach materials.
- Assists City department heads and hiring managers in development of job descriptions and screening processes, reviewing applicant resumes, interviewing potential candidates, and assessing suitability for employment in order to ensure that the workforce is reflective of the Cambridge community.
- Collaborates closely with and assists the Director of Equity and Inclusion and other City staff with the development and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion programs, practices and policies, particularly in the areas of recruitment, hiring, engagement, and retention.
- Serves as project manager for various Human Resource driven initiatives, particularly relating to on-boarding, applicant tracking, and workflow initiatives.
- Provides guidance and leadership to City supervisors requiring assistance with organizational development and strategies to meet performance and operational goals.
- Consults with departments and builds organizational development skills through various activities including program evaluation, change management, process improvement, conflict resolution, coaching, mentoring, and teambuilding, leading facilitated discussions and delivering workshops and seminars as needed.
- Assists in the oversight of the Personnel Department budget.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of training and years of experience.
- Seven years of human resources experience required, public sector and/or unionized environment experience helpful.
- Previous experience in recruitment/ retention initiatives.
- Experience in project management and/or initiative needs analysis, development, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to work with management, employees, and vendors on leadership initiatives, mediation activities, and diversity/inclusion endeavors
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with solid customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse environment
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS Office products required with knowledge of technology relating to Human Resources functions desirable
- Experience in conflict mediation
- Experience in setting diversity, equity and inclusion goals and establishing related programs
- Knowledge of the Cambridge community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Answer telephones and maintain multiple files. May require minimal lifting of up to 10 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. Requires attendance at off site meetings. Noise level can be high as the office is active with phone calls and walk in applicants.
RATE: $100,907-$120,225 + excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 3/10/2020. Position is Considered Open Until Filled
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.