NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: February 20, 2020
RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY: 03/23/20POSITON WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Senior Center Director|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends required.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the Department of Human Service Programs (DHSP), the Senior Center Director works as part of the Council on Aging leadership team to offer comprehensive services and activities to enhance the lives of older adults, specifically supporting staff and activities at the Citywide Senior Center. The position is supervised by the Executive Director of the Council on Aging.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Citywide Senior Center, including programming, kitchen and pantry operation, staff supervision and support, and volunteer training;
- Provide direct supervision to full and part-time staff;
- Work with the Activities Coordinator and staff to deliver a wide range of health, wellness, recreational and social programming that meets the needs of seniors;
- Oversee the smooth operation of the daily meals program working with the Food Services Manager;
- Oversee the smooth operation of the twice per week food pantry program for low income seniors working with the Food Pantry Coordinator;
- Coordinate with the Director of Client Services to facilitate communication about the needs of seniors and to ensure that space is available for social service programming;
- Supervise the first floor, drop-in center, ensuring adequate coverage for the area and for front desk;
- With the COA Executive Director, participate in grant writing to support innovative senior center programming;
- Oversee data collection through My Senior Center to obtain accurate information on usage of Center activities and services;
- With the COA Executive Director manages Center budget, approving expenditures and revenues;
- Work with the Facilities Manager to communicate and resolve issues within the facility;
- Actively engage in and support the Department's Race and Equity Initiative;
- Engage with department and community-based colleagues to ensure the broadest response to the needs of seniors and their families.
- Bachelor's Degree. Gerontology or related human services degree is preferred with 2-4+ years' experience working in a senior or community center. Candidates must be capable of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with older adults and their families, other municipal departments and the community at large.
- Professional experience within an urban or multicultural setting working with a diverse clientele; experience with seniors preferred.
- Proven leadership qualities and interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups, including seniors, families, staff, community partners, and City staff and leaders.
- Supervisory experience.
- Understanding of the social-emotional needs of seniors.
- Strong organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cambridge community is an asset.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office environment. Fluorescent lighting, carpeted floors and air conditioning. Moderate noise level.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer. Ability to answer phones and maintain multiple files and be able to lift a minimum of at least 10 pounds. Ability to travel throughout the City of Cambridge to various meetings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RATE: $74,174-$87,769 annually + excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 03/23/20. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.