NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: March 12, 2020
RESUMES AND LETTERS OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY 04/09/20 POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Storytelling and Community Associate|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||10 hours per week|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Agenda for Children Out-of-School Time Initiative (AFCOST) seeks a part-time, 10 hours per week Storytelling & Communications Associate to plan, collect and produce digital stories of best practices in culturally proficient family partnering in out-of-school time programs. Some flexibility in schedule is acceptable.
The mission of the AFCOST Initiative is to organize, catalyze and support the youth serving community in Cambridge for the shared purpose of increasing equity, access and innovation and sustaining the highest quality out of school time opportunities and experiences for all children, youth and families. www.agendaforchildrenost.org
We are seeking a dynamic, people-oriented person with strong multi-media storytelling and collaboration skills who has demonstrated an understanding of how children and youth are affected by social inequities and how OST partnership with families can support positive youth outcomes.
- Review existing storytelling strategy
- Work with team to plan story-telling and collection process (including questions, media format, and publishing options)
- Plan and conduct mixed media interviews with OST workers and families to profile culturally proficient family partnering strategies and promising practices
- Transcribe, edit and produce mixed media interviews and profiles
- Prepare and publish mixed media interviews for AFCOST website and YouTube channel
- Perform other duties in line with family engagement and communications plan
- Participate as a member of Agenda for Children's communications working group
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Proficiency in use of basic video and editing software (iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe)
- Ability to write expressively and effectively in English
- Experience conducting interviews and writing news, opinion and feature stories
- Proficiency in use of social media tools (YouTube, Facebook)
- Experience in use of web tools (Weebly, WordPress)
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to take responsibility for a project and get it done
- Demonstrated cultural proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Commitment to improving the lives of children and youth
- Knowledge of another language common in Cambridge is desirable (e.g Spanish, Chinese, Haitian Kreyol, Amharic, Tigrinya and Portuguese)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: This position will report to the AFCOST Impact & Evaluation Advisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Sufficient mobility to travel throughout the city. Ability to access, input and retrieve information from a computer. Ability to answer phones, maintain multiple files and be able to lift 10-15 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standard office environment at 51 Inman, which includes fluorescent lighting, carpeting and air conditioning. Shared office space can be busy and moderately loud.
The person will also spend time in the field in schools and youth centers, and community-based organizations.
RATE: $25 per hour
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 04/09/20. Position is Considered Open Until Filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.