NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: July 23, 2020
RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY: 08/20/20 POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Community Development Department|
||Inclusionary Housing Rental Assistant (part-time)|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||19 hours per week|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The part-time Inclusionary Housing Rental Assistant will assist in managing affordable housing programs through which rental opportunities are offered to income-eligible households. As a member of the Community Development Department's Housing Division's team, the part-time Inclusionary Housing Rental Assistant will work with rental applicants, tenants, other City staff, non-profit organizations, Cambridge Housing Authority, private housing developers and managers, and other housing advocates and service providers. The Inclusionary Housing Rental Assistant will help manage rental waiting pools, tenant selection, leasing, and recertifications for the City's rental housing program.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with housing applicants through all phases of the application process and review of eligibility requirements including income certification;
- Review and process annual recertifications of tenant eligibility for resident compliance with program requirements;
- Manage tenant selection for available rental units; work with property managers to coordinate applicant review, offering and leasing of affordable units to selected applicants;
- Develop and maintain relationships with residents, property managers, and other agencies and service providers;
- Maintain and manage applicant information and preference groups in program management software;
- Assist with other City housing programs and special projects as needed;
- Perform other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The Inclusionary Housing Rental Assistant should be a self-motivated, detail-oriented professional who is ready to work as part of a team to house residents in affordable homes, and to provide housing-related services and counseling to households in need of affordable housing. We seek candidates with a strong commitment to equity and respect both in the provision of services and in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least 2 years professional experience, preferably in housing program management, housing policy, or related field.
- Experience with affordable housing programs, income and program eligibility review, application management;
- Commitment to working in a community that values diversity and experience working with diverse community groups;
- Superior customer service skills, excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong computer skills including demonstrated proficiency with essential software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook)
- Ability to set priorities and to work independently and efficiently to manage individual responsibilities;
- Ability to work collaboratively and proactively as a team player to achieve team goals;
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, tasks, and interactions in a fast-paced office environment while remaining attentive to accuracy of work;
- Ability to explain complex information on program requirements and processes to housing applicants and in public settings;
- Experience with affordable housing management software (Emphasys);
- Knowledge of the Cambridge community and available resources;
- Proficiency in Amharic, Haitian Creole, Portuguese or Spanish.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work involves frequent evening meetings, travelling throughout the City to housing locations, driving, walking, and climbing stairs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work involved is primarily indoors in a professional office setting, public meetings to present available housing opportunities and application requirements and process, and visits to building sites, some of which may be under construction.
RATE: $25 per hour
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 08/20/20. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.