NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: September 15, 2020
CLOSING DATE: September 29, 2020
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Senior Substitute (Intermittent)|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||Average 10 hrs per week (see additional hours per week information below)|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs public service desk coverage at the Main Library and all branches, as needed. Provides outstanding customer service. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides substitute coverage for all departments and branches of the Library, as needed
- Performs functions related to circulation: check-outs, check-ins, reserves, renewals, fine assessment and collection, and similar related tasks
- Provides outstanding and engaging customer service to the public
- Assists borrowers in locating books and materials and, when necessary, refers them to other staff members
- Shelves materials and reads shelves as needed
- Processes deliveries - moving and unloading bins and checking-in items
- Any other duties required for the good of the library
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency required. A Bachelor's degree or coursework beyond the high school level is desirable. Library experience is strongly preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to be a strong team player and treat colleagues with courtesy and respect
- Ability to exhibit a positive attitude in all situations
- Ability to handle the unexpected and stay calm and professional under pressure
- Working knowledge of basic public library concepts and resources
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately and thoroughly
- Tact. Patience. Maturity.
Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time to use computer workstations, including keyboard and visual display terminal. Strength to push or pull a loaded book cart which can weigh in excess of 100 pounds on level floor and up ramp, to lift or maneuver onto cart loads of up to 50 pounds, and to carry cartons of books. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and concentrate on work. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities to permit effective communication. Sufficient vision or other powers of observation to permit employee to read books and patron requests. Sufficient manual dexterity to permit the employee to type and record library files. Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes to permit the employee to re-shelve library materials and work at public service desks.
- Works in assigned areas, including office areas, training rooms, various library locations, as necessary
- Normal office exposure to noise, stress, and interruptions
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs designed to keep abreast of changes in profession
HOURS OF WORK: Average 10 hours per week (may be required to work additional hours during busy times) between the hours of 8:30am - 9:00pm Monday - Saturday. Shifts and total hours will vary week to week based on need and availability. Candidates must be very flexible. Afternoon and evening availability (between 12:00 - 9:00pm) especially needed at this time as well as availability around holidays.
RATE: $16.46 per hour
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest by 5pm on the closing date via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.