NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: April 27, 2021
RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY 06/01/21 POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Information Technology Department|
||Enterprise Application Specialist|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 hours per week|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The City of Cambridge Information Technology Department has a collaborative team culture offering potential to work on varied and challenging technical projects. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Administration, the Enterprise Application Specialist will support multiple enterprise applications used throughout the organization.
The Enterprise Application Specialist researches and analyzes application issues, recommends the best course of action on resolving issues, and carries out associated tasks that support management decisions, the City's mission, and the best interests of end-users. The person chosen for this role will be involved in installing, configuring, and supporting applications based on the needs of users. We are looking for technical experience and specialization in doing this hands-on work while at the same time being flexible to work on multiple applications. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide day-to-day application support for large scale on-premise and SaaS enterprise applications utilized across the city.
- Provide analysis, design, testing, debugging, maintenance, and documentation for complex enterprise applications. This requires in-depth technical expertise across multiple platforms, operating systems, and tools. Understanding of various disciplines and technologies, such as web, directory services, directory synchronization, security, databases, networking, infrastructure, and application development is key.
- Oversee small projects and interact with other departments to ensure on time completion.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to co-workers and others; is a high value technical resource.
- Serving as subject matter expert on application support and liaising with other teams with regards to incident escalations, application rollouts, and integrating applications with production and nonproduction infrastructure.
- Document processes and procedures of implemented changes.
- In-depth understanding of the configuration and usage of complex enterprise applications.
- Record, document, and track user issues through to resolution using help desk software.
- Ensure applications and systems are maintained, secure and current.
- Ensure applications are proactively monitored to alert if issues arise.
- Develop, establish, and maintain positive and influential relationships with managers, peers, and business unit customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Application support experience e.g. - (Web applications, SQL Server, PeopleSoft, ERP, CRM, Workflow engines, Enterprise Content Management, SharePoint, etc.)
- Strong proficiency with SQL and understanding of relational databases including Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, and Reporting (SSRS)
- Experience in application architecture, design, and development a plus
- Troubleshooting experience resolving varied application related problems (error messages, log files, connectivity, delayed response times, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring tools is a plus.
- Ability and motivation to stay current with technology related to the position
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and negotiations skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and non-technical staff at all organizational levels.
- The City of Cambridge's workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse.Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Answer telephones and maintain multiple files. Must read and analyze large quantities of information. Must have sufficient mobility to get back and forth from office to offsite meetings.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is conducted primarily in an office environment with fluorescent lighting, air conditioning, computers, and other standard office equipment, but also involves meetings in other offices or facilities.
RATE: $103,792 - $114,862 annually plus excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 06/01/2021. Position will remain open until filled.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. THE CITY IS COMMITTED TO ADVANCING A WORKFORCE CULTURE OF ANTIRACISM, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.