NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: May 10, 2021
RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY: 06/10/21 POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Inspectional Services Department|
||Record Room Coordinator|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 hours per week|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of management personnel at Inspectional Services, the Records Coordinator shall perform the following tasks related to all Inspectional Services Department records-keeping activities:
- Responsible for the maintenance and organization of Inspectional Services' records
- Ability to research permit and record information through digital systems
- Assist Inspectional Services' staff and members of the public with obtaining information from all files including building, electrical, housing, plumbing, sanitary, and zoning
- Research property files
- Locate plans and records from digital files or plan room for customers, or coordinate for off-site delivery from repository
- Copy files and plans as requested
- File all records
- Respond to law department requests for information in thorough and timely manner
- Maintain reception counter including logs of public requests and replenishing counter forms
- Organize and process incoming permit documents, existing files and paper plans; scan and catalogue existing plans for long-term record storage and archival purposes, including implementing new cataloguing processes and coordinating with other city departments as needed
- Assist in customer service inquiries and respond to record-related complaints
- Support administrative and record keeping duties pertaining to the weights and measures function
- Perform other related duties as required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud, preferred
- Ability to learn and become efficient with customized database and permitting software
- Working knowledge of construction/permitting processes and activities a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in document management and records retention preferred
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people
- The City of Cambridge's workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse. Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: It is necessary to stand on a stool or ladder to locate and remove plans from high racks and to kneel to obtain files form lower racks. Requires lifting of files and supply boxes (up to 10 lbs). Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The records room is located on the basement level of the building. It can be accessed by stairs or elevator. The room is approximately 30'x 50' and does not have windows. It has rolling files that are moved by manually turning a lever which operates the wheels. Plan storage is in an adjacent rectangular storage room. Plans are in racks and bins that extend from floor to ceiling.
RATE: $24.47 -$30.95 per hour + excellent benefits
Internal applicants, submit job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants, submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Department, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139. Fax (617) 349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 06/10/21. Position will remain open until filled.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. THE CITY IS COMMITTED TO ADVANCING A WORKFORCE CULTURE OF ANTIRACISM, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.