NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: May 12, 2021
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Community Engagement Team Outreach Worker (part-time) to engage underserved Spanish speaking families|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||19.5 hours per week, flexible, mornings, afternoons, and/or evenings, weekends|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all required training sessions.
- Become familiar with available Cambridge resources that provide children with early literacy exposure.
- Refer families to early learning services and events that benefit the literacy development of their children.
- Organize a series of culturally appropriate parenting workshops to underserved families with young children in Cambridge.
- Participate on advisory boards and/or round table discussions, as assigned, that are addressing issues to reach hard to reach families.
- Participate in discussions and educate the Community Engagement Team about outreach strategies for building relationships with hard to reach communities.
- Complete all required paperwork: document outreach activities and participate as needed in the evaluation of the program.
- Attend all outreach worker team meetings.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:General office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Job requires some walking. Sufficient mobility to travel throughout the City.
RATE: $16.65 per hour
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Review of resumes is ongoing. Position will remain open until filled. For additional information please see flyer CET Spanish Speaking OW Flyer
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. THE CITY IS COMMITTED TO ADVANCING A WORKFORCE CULTURE OF ANTIRACISM, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.