NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: July 16, 2021
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUESTED BY: 08/16/21 POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Youth Center Pre-Teen/Middle School Program Director (2 positions), Cambridge Youth Programs|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 hours/week (some evenings and weekends)|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In collaboration with Youth Center Director, oversee the Pre-Teen Programming for youth ages 9-13 including:
- Create and deliver a variety of youth programs that engage youth in developmentally appropriate projects ranging from social, recreational, educational and enrichment activities.
- Develop and maintain a safe and supportive environment that responds to and supports the needs and interests of each child and fosters positive and supportive relationships with and between youth and staff.
- Ensure programs meet standards of high-quality, best practices in Out-of-School-Time programming.
- Provide outreach to and develop partnerships with other youth-serving agencies.
- Promote Youth Center activities and programming to attract new members, volunteers and collaborating partners.
- Supervise Part-time Youth Workers and provide ongoing feedback and support.
- With Youth Center Director, assist with the recruitment, hiring and training of staff.
- Maintain ongoing documentation of daily activities, work with youth, families and staff.
- Maintain accurate records including member/staff attendance, finances, incidents reports, licensing requirements, etc.
- Participate in ongoing program evaluations, both internal and external.
- Participate in ongoing staff development programs to enhance program practices and quality.
- Manage program budget, spending and tracking.
- Participate in Youth Programs' committees.
- Maintain program materials and supplies.
- Plan and implement Youth Center and related community events.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years' experience managing youth programs and supervising staff.
- Background in Youth Development and understanding of social/emotional needs of youth/pre-teens.
- Experience in working with urban youth.
- Excellent organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and ability to follow through with multiple projects.
- Experience with collaborative, team-oriented environments.
- Interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity, respect for differences and effective communication.
- The City of Cambridge's workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse.Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Main work environment is busy Youth Center. The noise level can be extremely loud. Youth Centers include classroom like settings, open environments & gymnasium.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift fifty pounds and participate in activities that require physical exertion.
RATE: $42,573-$57,040 plus excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and cover letter; external applicants submit both your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Department, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and cover letter requested by 08/16/21, Position will remain open until filled.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. THE CITY IS COMMITTED TO ADVANCING A WORKFORCE CULTURE OF ANTIRACISM, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.