NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: January 3, 2022
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUESTED BY: 01/24/22. POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Youth Center Teen Program Director, Cambridge Youth Programs|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 hours/week (some evenings and weekends)|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In collaboration with Youth Center Director, oversee the Teen Programming for youth ages 14-19 including:
- Create and deliver a variety of youth programs that engage teens in developmentally appropriate projects ranging from social, recreational, educational and enrichment activities.
- Develop and maintain a safe and supportive environment that responds to and supports the needs and interests of each child and fosters positive and supportive relationships with and between youth and staff.
- Ensure programs meet standards of high-quality, best practices in Youth Development.
- Provide outreach to and develop partnerships with other youth-serving agencies.
- Promote Youth Center activities and programming to attract new members, volunteers and collaborating partners.
- Supervise Part-time Youth Workers and provide ongoing feedback and support.
- With Youth Center Director, assist with the recruitment, hiring and training of staff.
- Maintain ongoing documentation of daily activities, work with youth, families, and staff.
- Maintain accurate records including attendance, finances, incidents reports, etc.
- Participate in ongoing program evaluations, both internal and external.
- Participate in ongoing staff development programs to enhance program practices and quality.
- Manage program budget, spending and tracking.
- Participate in Youth Programs' committees.
- Maintain program materials and supplies.
- Plan and implement Youth Center and related community events.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years' experience managing youth programs and supervising staff.
- Background in Youth Development and understanding of social/emotional needs of teens/youth.
- Experience in working with urban youth.
- Excellent organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and ability to follow through with multiple projects.
- Experience with collaborative, team-oriented environments.
- Interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity, respect for differences, and effective communication.
- The City of Cambridge's workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse.Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Main work environment is busy Youth Center. The noise level can be extremely loud. Youth Centers include classroom like settings, open environments & gymnasium.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift fifty pounds and participate in activities that require physical exertion.
RATE: $52,438 - $64,033 plus excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and cover letter; external applicants submit both your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Department, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and cover letter of interest requested by 01/24/22. Position will remain open until filled.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CATEGORY. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AUXILIARY AIDS AND SERVICES, WRITTEN MATERIALS IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS, AND REASONABLE MODIFICATIONS IN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WILL BE PROVIDED TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES FREE OF CHARGE, UPON REQUEST. The City is committed to advancing a workforce culture of antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.