NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: August 12, 2022
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Community School Program Director (8 positions)|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
The Cambridge Community Schools are seeking dynamic leaders who are organized, talented in curriculum delivery, and have strong effective communication skills. The Community School Program Director will report to the Director and will specifically:
- Work with the Community School Director to plan, design, organize, implement, and manage age-appropriate curriculum for program participants in the school year afterschool enrichment program and summer camp.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and procedures of the Community School program site.
- Create and maintain a safe and supportive environment that addresses the needs and interests of each child and foster positive self-image and respect for social, racial, and cultural differences for each participant.
- Ensure program meets standards of high quality and best practices in the out of school time programming.
- Assist Community School Director with the recruitment, hiring, and training of staff.
- Support part time staff in the development of age-appropriate curriculum.
- Have a working knowledge of State of Massachusetts summer camp licensing regulations and adhere to those regulations.
- Manage school year enrichment program and summer camp in the absence of the Community School Director.
- Maintain accurate records including member staff and participants' attendance, class listings, quarterly reports and fiscal data.
- Assist the Community School Director with program registration.
- Report all significant incidents and accidents to the Community School Director and complete required paperwork (incident/accident reports) in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in ongoing professional development training to enhance program practices and quality. Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- Actively engage in and support the Department's Race and Equity Initiative.
- Participate in the Agenda for Children Quality Initiative (QIS) and attend monthly Community of Practice (COP) meetings.
- Participate in the Inclusion Initiative and maintain regular communication with Community School Director and inclusion support staff regarding students' needs and their progress.
- Plan and implement community related activities as assigned by the Community School Director.
- Maintain designated Community School space, program equipment, and supplies.
- Maintain an open communication with families.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in related field or a minimum of three years' experience working in an out of school time setting. Experience working with children with special needs desirable and should have a strong interest in working with children from diverse cultural & economic backgrounds. Knowledge of basic computer programs (Excel /Word). The City of Cambridge's workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse. Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
Time will be divided primarily between two sites: DHSP's main site and the Community School Program site. DHSP's main site is a general office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. Programming is on multiple levels in school building.
The duties of the job involve a good deal of sitting, standing, walking and often times engaging with children on the floor. Must have sufficient mobility to travel between sites on a regular basis. Employee must occasionally transport materials weighing up to 50 pounds from one site to another.
RATE: $53,757 - $65,644 annually plus excellent benefits (rate is effective 1/1/23)
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and cover letter; external applicants submit both your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Review of resumes is ongoing. Position will remain open until filled
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CATEGORY. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AUXILIARY AIDS AND SERVICES, WRITTEN MATERIALS IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS, AND REASONABLE MODIFICATIONS IN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WILL BE PROVIDED TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES FREE OF CHARGE, UPON REQUEST. The City is committed to advancing a workforce culture of antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.