NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: February 8, 2022
Labor Applications are accepted ongoing basis
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Public Works Department (DPW)|
||Park Maintenance Crafts Worker/Heavy MEO|
|Civil Service Position:
||Subject to Civil Service rules and regulations|
||Teamster Local 25 |
|Hours Per Week:
||40 hour week|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs manual, skilled tasks related to the maintenance and care of recreation areas, athletic fields, parks, and playgrounds:
- Plants, seeds, rakes, fertilizes, and grades, cuts, waters and trims fields and park areas;
- Performs skilled mechanical repair on power mowers, tractors, and other equipment;
- Maintains and repairs play equipment and outdoor furnishings.
- Performs other general duties such as painting, carpentry, masonry, trimming trees and bushes, setting up events and lining athletic fields.
- Operates motor equipment in connection with such duties, including pickup trucks, trailers, and small pieces of equipment (tractors, mowers). Also operates vehicles with a rated capacity of 26,001 pounds when required.
- Performs other semi-skilled and unskilled manual tasks necessary for performance of work.
- May supervise a small crew of workers at a lower skill level such as laborers, helpers, and maintenance persons.
- Employee is required to adhere to all safety and dress code policies.
- Performs other duties as required from time to time including snow and other inclement weather or emergency duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated work experience in maintenance & care of recreation areas, athletic fields, parks & playgrounds.
- Must possess a current and valid Commercial Driver's License Classification B
- All CDL candidates must provide a copy of valid Department of Transportation medical certification.
- Must possess a satisfactory driving record.
- Candidates must also provide, upon interview, a copy of their unattested driving record, obtainable at the RMV and dated within the previous six months
- All candidates will participate in an on-road driving assessment as part of the interview process.
- All CDL candidates must register with the FMCSA Commercial Driver's License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/register
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS (As Outlined in Current Teamster Collective Bargaining Agreement):
- Competitive Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Vacation and sick leave eligible
- Sick Incentive Pay eligible
- 3 Personal Days
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Additional compensation above regular OT pay for all overtime hours working in snow or salting operations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Lifting between 25-100 pounds, bending, squatting, stretching, pushing, dragging, and pulling.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to all weather conditions. Work in a moderate to high noise level environment caused by sound of machinery or powered equipment being used. Occasional odor may occur during work.
RATE: $23.17 - $31.38 per hour + excellent benefits (rate is effective 1/1/23)
Internal applicants with permanent civil service status submit a job bidding form, resume and cover letter; external applicants, complete a labor service application form (click on link) available from and returned to the Personnel Department, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Mass Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139 or submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax 617-349-4312. Position will remain open until filled.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CATEGORY. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AUXILIARY AIDS AND SERVICES, WRITTEN MATERIALS IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS, AND REASONABLE MODIFICATIONS IN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WILL BE PROVIDED TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES FREE OF CHARGE, UPON REQUEST. The City is committed to advancing a workforce culture of antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.