NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: May 6, 2022
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Human Service Programs|
||Group Leader - Teen (Summer Position), Division of Youth Programs|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||37.5 hours per week. Monday-Friday, staggered shifts between hours of 8:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. July-August|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Group Leader position is directly responsible, in partnership with Lead Youth Workers and Program Director, for a small cohort of high school teens between ages of 14-19, including: team building, curricular development, behavior management, improving performance and maintaining culture consistent with Cambridge Youth Program's values. The Group Leader will work with the Lead Youth Worker, Program Director and Youth Center Director to lead a diverse group of teens through programmed activities, service projects, civic engagement, and leadership development. The overall goal for the Group Leader is to provide direct supervision, mentorship, and support to their cohort (small group) and families through-out their engagement at our centers. Specifically, the Group Leader will:
- Manage cohort activities and behaviors during center activities inside and outside of building.
- Support Youth Workers daily activities.
- Assist the Lead Youth Workers and Program Director to oversee the implementation of policies and procedures at the Youth Center as they relate to youth members in our programs.
- Inform the Program Director of specific Youth Center member needs or concerns that are brought to their attention.
- Plan, design, organize, and implement age-appropriate Youth Center programs and activities for cohort and program, Teens between the ages of 14-19.
- Provide a safe, structured and stimulating environment for Youth Center members and volunteers.
- Attend and participate fully in staff meetings, planning sessions, other meetings, staff development and training programs and activities as directed. Group Leaders will conduct regular cohort meetings.
- Be a positive role model to and develop meaningful relationships with Youth Center members.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Main work environment is busy Youth Center. The noise level can be very loud. Youth Centers include classroom like settings, open environments, and gymnasium.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift fifty pounds and participate in activities that require physical exertion.
RATE: $22.00 per hour
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and cover letter; external applicants submit both your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Review of resumes is ongoing. Position will remain open until filled.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CATEGORY. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AUXILIARY AIDS AND SERVICES, WRITTEN MATERIALS IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS, AND REASONABLE MODIFICATIONS IN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WILL BE PROVIDED TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES FREE OF CHARGE, UPON REQUEST. The City is committed to advancing a workforce culture of antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.