NOTICE OF POSTING
POSTING DATE: December 7, 2022
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUESTED BY 12/29/22 VIA EMAIL TO email@example.com POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
||Community Development Department|
||Web Content Assistant|
|Civil Service Position:
||Non Civil Service position
|Hours Per Week:
||up to 19 hours per week|
OVERVIEW AND ROLE DESCRIPTION
ABOUT THE CDD DEPARTMENT:
The Community Development Department (CDD) is the planning agency for the City of Cambridge. CDD undertakes a wide range of activities, encompassing community planning, public space planning, affordable housing development and preservation, economic development, transportation planning, and sustainability. The Department takes an interdisciplinary approach to manage and guide physical change in a manner consistent with the City's priorities, engaging and collaborating with the public, community partners and other government agencies to make Cambridge a desirable place to live and work. The collection, analysis, and use of a wide variety of data is crucial to CDD's mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
CDD is seeking a part-time Web Content Assistant to assist with maintaining and publishing content on the department website. This role will primarily involve day-to-day maintenance, making web updates, and helping to improve the usability of CDD's pages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Communications Manager, the Web Coordinator will:
- Post approved content onto CDD's website
- Assist with designing and setting up new pages; assist the Department in a web migration
- Provide feedback to subject matter experts about how to organize information
- Maintain assets in media library
- Collaborate with other communications and web team members to ensure a consistent user experience
- Ensure that all content adheres to website guidelines and standards, including accessibility and SEO best practices
- Run Google Analytics reports at regular intervals
- Other related duties as assigned or requested
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Education & Experience:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree or higher in web development, communications, digital media, or related field or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability and willingness to learn new programs and platforms
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn accessibility standards including WCAG and Section 508 Standards
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience with content management systems is a plus
- Basic understanding of HTML is a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, WORK FLEXIBILITY AND ACCOMODATIONS:
RATE: $20.00/hour. Sick leave eligible; otherwise, this is not a benefited position.
- Standard office environment. Fluorescent lighting, computers, standard office equipment, and air conditioning.
- Moderate noise level with a shared workstation.
- This position may be eligible for hybrid work under the City's Telework Policy, depending on operational needs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Internal applicants submit job bidding form and 2 copies of your resume and cover letter; external applicants, submit your resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Department, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and cover letter requested by 12/29/22. Position will remain open until filled.
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED CATEGORY. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, MEMBERS OF THE LGBTQ+ COMMUNITY, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AUXILIARY AIDS AND SERVICES, WRITTEN MATERIALS IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS, AND REASONABLE MODIFICATIONS IN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES WILL BE PROVIDED TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES FREE OF CHARGE, UPON REQUEST. The City is committed to advancing a workforce culture of antiracism, diversity, equity, and inclusion.